St.Matthew's Row Watch House, Bethnal Green
The watch House on St.Matthew's Row, adjacent to the churchyard of St.Matthew, Bethnal Green. This building dates from 1754. The watchman guarded against body snatchers who provided corpses for dissection to the local hospitals. Those settlers who were married in St.Matthew's (see next picture) would have walked past this building.
Photo by Julian Osley. (CC BY-SA 2.0)